Monday, July 14, 2008

This isn't the Soap Opera I Anticipated

Since my last post, a lot of you-know-what has hit the fan. It is all rather unbelievable. Retired Green Bay Packers' quarterback Brett Favre wants an unconditional release from his contract with the Pack. Wow. This is terribly depressing. What once was a beautiful relationship filled with love and support has turned sour.


Favre who retired fair and square has said he changed his mind and wants to play football. Well, fella, you have had, as the Packers say, numerous chances to come back and play for the green and gold. Each time you said no, no, retirement is for me.

Some say for all the time and energy I have devoted to this guy, I have turned a cold shoulder quickly. If it turns out the Packers made him rush to retirement and the writing was on the wall, well then, maybe I side with Brett, but it appears as though the quarterback had a chance to change his mind and he didn't take it.


As of a few minutes ago, apparently Packers' General Manager Ted Thompson said maybe Favre could come back and play second string behind Aaron Rodgers. If it was ugly before, this statement is off the charts.


And these are the days of our lives....








2 comments:

Heidi M. said...

I am happy to find another Packer fan like me, who thinks this is all very dramatic and has also somewhat turned a cold shoulder to our legend. He had his chance, I wish it wasn't happening like this, it's all very depressing.

Green Bay Packers and Wisconsin Badgers fan said...

Please let this end soon.