Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Perez Hilton got me thinking about the Packers









A few times a week I find myself indulging in a few moments with PerezHilton.com. I feel it is fairly random that the last two visits, my Green Bay Packers came to mind. First, with the Justin Timberlake sighting and now with his post of Quarterback Tom Brady. My head was spinning, is Tom Brady really the new Brett Favre? Am I living in the past? Am I still singin along to Bush's Machinehead?


Then I woke up and realized all was right with the world. Brett has already pimped himself out enough touting Prilosec and Wrangler jeans (why?) and had to turn Stetson down.

I mean Favre is a busy man. A father of two girls, husband and best quarterback for the best team in the NFL. He is leading a young Green Bay Packers team through the 2007 NFL season reaching 5-1 as I write. Favre has come a long way and deserves one more Super Bowl ring. As Favre has said, "My wife, she still gives me a hard time, and says I hunt too much or I like to play golf too much. And she's probably right, but it sure beats some of the things I used to do." While I enjoyed hearing word Favre sightings at local bars, this is the Favre I like best.

No comments: