Thursday, April 24, 2008

Daunte Culpepper. A Green Bay Packer?


Rumor has it the Packers are looking to bring in a backup quarterback with some experience for Aaron Rodgers. With that being the case, Culpepper fits the bill, but this is pigs-flying kind of stuff. Daunte Culpepper played quarterback for longtime Packers rival to the north, the Minnesota Vikings for years. He was recruited by the Vikings in 1999 and played with such Packers-haters as Randy Moss, Michael Bennett and Chris Carter. Many trips to Lambeau Field must have affected his feeling to wear green and gold? The real question is why do the Packers think they need a back up with experience? Do we not recall the comment former-Packers quarterback, one Mr. Brett Favre said? He said, and I quote, “It would be hard to pass up, I guess. … It’s only speculating. I think the world of that team. I had a lot of fun, not only this year, but over my career. Those guys I played with this past year, a lot of young guys, a lot of fun. … And if that opportunity presented itself and they did call, it would be tempting. And I very well could be enticed to do it.” Enticing to us the fans too! Sorry Aaron, this doesn't come from a place of uncertainty of your ability more of a place of love for Favre.

No comments: